Monday, August 20, 2012

Wrapping Paper Station





















The Activity:

Wrapping Paper Station

Materials Needed:
  • Pre-cut pieces of Wrapping Paper
  • Small pieces of pre-cut tape
  • A workstation or table
  • Toys and stuff from around the house
Find a good area for a workstation for your child.  Stick the pre-cut slices of tape on the edge of table or surface area being used for the workstation. Display the toys and wrapping materials in a way that will entice your toddler to come and wrap the toys, and unwrap, and then re-wrap.

This activity didn't do it for my Eli.  He was mostly interested in the pieces of tape.  I showed him how to wrap one of his toys and he acted totally uninterested.  I showed him how to unwrap/ open the wrapped toys; he wasn't even interested in that.

I think that this activity is a good idea, but I'm going to try again when Eli is a little bit older.  He is almost 2, I will wait until he is maybe 26 months.  I think he will be more interested and it will be Christmas time, perfect for this activity.









No comments:

Post a Comment